Mother’s day wish list 2017
This will be my 5th official Mother’s Day. It’s exciting in so many ways because this means I was able to share another year of motherhood with my girls. It also kind of sucks because they have no clue that it means I get presents from them. Last year Viv got me a bag full of candy that she didn’t mind if I shared.. with her… since they were all her favorites. Lore is still too small to care if she gets me anything or not so as far as gifts, if I’m being blunt would kind of suck if they had to choose.
As far as gifts go, I think im pretty easy. I want what I want and I don’t want money being spent on something I don’t want. Simple right? Of course this is really geared towards my husband ( Christopher, my only husband, Yes I’m talking to you) since he has final say for the next 11-14 years anyway.
I am very aware that’s its not about the presents. Much like Christmas its just about the love and the togetherness. And I shouldn’t focus so much on materialist items. With that being said. Here is a suggestive list that I or any mother probably would like this Mother’s Day 2017.
- We start off with the Apple watch. I am very into Apple products. I have had many and with how very busy I have been doing mom things. This would help. At least that’s what I keep pushing for. It monitors your health, lets you stay connected, answers calls and keeps you notified, much like your phone would. I like that these come in a silicone band and if I ever go back to the gym, I feel like I wouldn’t need to worry because its water resistant as well.
- I wouldn’t be the cinephile that I am if I didn’t inclued at least one movie in any wish list. Kicks (2016) This movie is about a 15 year old boy whose dream is to have Jordans. Through some hard work he is able to get his first pair. Soon after they get stolen and he goes on a dangerous mission through Oakland to get them back. To me this is about working for your dreams and stopping at nothing to protect them. Sure its just about shoes, but not to this kid. I like the dertermerination. This movie wasn’t very popular and it makes me want it even more because I loved seeing it on the silver screen.
- I have a slight obession with rings. I have a board on pintrest and was even considering on taking a class to learn about all the different stones. Now with this slight obession, I don’t have any rings to really wear. At MelanieCasey.com there is a gourgous variety. I was able to have a quick email with MC and even with me thinking my email was silly, it was handled very nicely. This is pretty cool and they do work that is very unique so there is a HUGE chance someone else won’t be wearing the same thing. LOVE. There is also a array of necklaces, earring and bracelets that you can choose from depending on what you’re feeling.
- This one is pretty cool. I just found out about this earlier this week and I love it. This wouldn’t be a bad Mother’s day if I got it. This is the watch that has the best of both worlds. It has an analog face with smart watch capabilities. I personally think it’s a little better for professonal settings. It’s very discreet and doesn’t attack you tons of notifications. This could be great for the mom that isnt the hugest on tech where all the capabilities of having so much to utilize would be useless.
- Possibly last but not least. I would love socks. I don’t know why anyway would complain about socks. All those kids that complain that during the holidays that they got socks. I LOVE SOCKS. I never seem to be able to find a pair quick enough and socks are a nessecity. If its cute then even better. Who doesn’t love cute socks?
- If all else fails then buy food. Who doesn’t love food? Grab a steak or a Salad or pasta. Which all sounds great right about now. I am someone to loves to eat. This way, you don’t have to pick something that sucks that us mom would have to pretend to love for several years until some unfortunate accident should occur over the garbage disposal.
Here we go
Once again I will stress that its just about the love that this day brings. Its one marking of the year that I get to say that I can spend with my girls and husband. Of course I know that I SHOULD be happy if I get anything because some people don’t get anything.
I hope this list finds you well. It’s kind of late and this would really be last minute shopping. I also hope that this list can kind of help the mom that doesn’t really seem to like much of anything.
For newer moms, don’t forget that it’s not just your mom’s day anymore. This is yours too. So enjoy it. It took me years to realize that I am a mom and that I have a day. Not that I don’t love my mom and try extreamly hard to find something that she would love… or actually use… or actually show off. I guess i’ll start to look into some cool food places.
What kind of things are on your list? Whats something you’re considering for that special mom, or mom’s in your life? What can be added to the list for next year? Do you have any Mother’s day gift fails? Any favorites? Add some comments. I for one am super curious. Have Fun this Mother’s Day!
Some of the links are affiliated. which means you if shop based on those links then I get something that is based on reference. this is at no additional cost to you.